Business and Computing sits as a department within the Faculty of Mathematics, Business and Computing. The department offers a broad and balanced curriculum across the full 11-18 age range, with an emphasis on vocational, employability and enterprise skills.
Our curriculum offer is as follows:
Years 7 and 8
Middle Years Programme (MYP), aims to embed IT skills necessary for learners to take their place in a modern society.
Years 9 to 11
Learners may choose as an option from:
- BTEC Tech Award in Enterprise
- BTEC Tech Award in Digital Information Technology
- Duke of York will run as a co-curricular activity from Term 2, 2019
- National Enterprise Challenge will take place in July 2020
Years 12 and 13
BTEC L3 Extended Certificate Business
- Certificate in Financial Studies (CEFS) *
- IT in a Global Society (ITGS)*
Those studying CEFS will have the opportunity to visit the London Institute of Banking and Finance
* These courses reflect the substantial contribution of the department to Strood Academy as an IB World School. Our aim is to develop learners who are equipped to take their place in a global society.